- December 2, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Recipes
[column width=”1/1″ last=”true” title=”” title_type=”single” animation=”none” implicit=”true”]
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Serves: 12
Here is a fun, easy, and delicious recipe using Cocofly’s Coconut Flour to make a healthy banana bread. Check out the shop section where 16 oz or 35 oz bags of coconut flour are available for purchase. Additionally, for best results, use bananas with lots of brown spots.
- 1 1/4 cups mashed banana (about 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Cocofly’s coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, dairy free if desired plus extra for sprinkling on top
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8×4 inch or 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer or in a regular bowl, combine bananas, vanilla and almond butter; mix until well combined, smooth, and creamy.
3. Add in eggs, one at a time and mix until combined. With the mixer on medium-low speed, add in coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix again until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes, then carefully invert, remove bread from pan and place back on wire rack to cool completely. Cut into 12 slices.
Servings: 12 servings
Serving size: 1 slice
Calories: 138 kcal
Fat: 7.8 g
Carbohydrates: 16 g
Fiber: 3.6 g
Sugar: 8.3 g
Protein: 3.3 g
Recipe by: Monique Volz